Supporting Teens and Their Parents During Virtual Learning
Join ECAC and NC Start for a webinar on supporting teens with disabilities and their parents during Virtual Learning.
By the end of this presentation, participants will be able to:
– Identify supports (material, technology, information) the parent and student may need in the virtual learning environment.
– Locate resources and/or activities designed to prepare a student for post-school outcomes (i.e., college, career, community)
– Recognize barriers to success in the new environment and communicate them to others
– Identify ways to alleviate stress surrounding virtual learning
– Identify ways to promote independence for older children in reference to their virtual learning
– Practice and learn ways to calm our own bodies and mind during times of stress
Closed Captioning in English will be provided. This event will be recorded and posted on our website. A recording with Spanish subtitles will be available within one week of the presentation. if other accommodations arde needed, please contact Toni Stephens at: firstname.lastname@example.org