Join Our Team! We’re hiring a Full Time Parent Educator Early Intervention Lead
Join a fast-paced, disability friendly, equal opportunity employer team in an informal and supportive environment that values diversity. Help families navigate the early intervention and special education systems and become their child’s best advocate. Responsibilities include providing accurate and timely information, training and assistance to parents and professionals on special education services with an
emphasis on early intervention. This is a grant funded position. This position may qualify for remote working within the state of NC.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and implement strategies to enhance family engagement with the State Interagency Coordinating Council (ICC)
- Take the lead on planning and executing the Local Interagency Coordinating Councils Conference
- Host webinars for practitioners on authentic engagement with families
- Connect with other groups working with families with very young children
- Respond to inquiries from families and professionals on early intervention and special education policies and procedures.
- Assist families with children birth – 26 years of age with an emphasis on those with young children to become advocates for their children in the educational and community settings.
- Develop and implement trainings (electronically and in-person) to meet the needs of families.
- Develop recruitment materials for family participation in LICC meetings
- Collect and enter data using a CMS system, Salesforce
- Collaborate with PDG Project Manager to write and edit newsletters
- Proficient in Zoom and Google Meet
- Proficient in Google Suites
- Represents ECAC, as assigned, at meetings of selected task force groups, interagency councils, advisory boards, commissions, etc., attend event fairs and other meetings/trainings to share ECAC information.
- Ability to lift, on occasion, up to 20 pounds
- Maintain a current driver’s license and vehicle insurance
- High School diploma- 2-year degree in social sciences preferred
- Parent/guardian of a young child with a disability, special education and Early Intervention systems
- Experience with event coordination
- Experience leading small groups, training/adult education and support organizations
- Public speaking and/or trainings
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of parenting an individual with disabilities
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills including clarity and articulation of thought, appropriate grammar, style, form and punctuation
Hours: 35 hours per week
Hourly Rate: $20.00 - $21.00 depending on qualifications and experience
Applicants MUST include a resume for consideration to: Jobs@ecacmail.org
We will begin the interview process for this position early January, 2023.
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match the job requirements.