EXCEPTIONAL CHILDREN’S ASSISTANCE CENTER POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT:
Position Title: Parent Training & Information Center (PTI) Director
Provide leadership and strategic direction to the N.C. Parent Training and Information Center, a statewide project serving families of children with disabilities birth - 26 years of age at Exceptional Children’s Assistance Center (ECAC). Support, coach and supervise remote staff. Engage and support families and youth self-advocates. Collaborate with families, community partners and state-level departments to improve the outcomes of children with disabilities. A proven ability to manage complex systems and processes in a fast-paced, informal work environment is required. Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to relate well to diverse individuals at the community and organizational level are necessary. Contribute to the ongoing review and efforts to create an inclusive, engaging and equitable environment for staff.
• Manage overall PTI grant implementation, across N.C. as specified in the federal grant that serves families with children with disabilities age birth- 26 and has a strong focus on hard to reach populations.
• Fluent in Special Education laws and N.C. educational policies for children with disabilities.
• Support, coach and supervise remote staff.
• Administer departmental budgets of up to $1M with multiple funding streams.
• Ensure compliance with fiscal transactions for all budgets.
• Serve as member of the Leadership Team, attend leadership meetings and support ECAC's priorities.
• Maintain and develop strong working relationships with staff, families and community and state-level partners.
• Collect and analyze data for ongoing evaluation and assessment of all programs and activities to ensure continuous improvement and alignment with strategic direction.
• Annual reporting to the funders.
• Facilitate collaboration across ECAC projects to create integrated work products and advance organization goals.
• Design and deliver trainings for families and professionals based upon adult learning principles.
• Identify and engage in collaborative opportunities with external stakeholders and partners to the organization to improve outcomes for families and children.
• Master’s Degree preferred or combination of education and significant relevant experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience, minimum of 5-years, in coaching and supervising staff.
• Experience in managing a federal grant preferred.
• Travel to Washington D.C. for annual PTI Directors meeting required, post COVID.
• Exert up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally
• In and out-of-state overnight travel, post COVID
$60,000 - $70,000 based upon qualification and experience
Parents of children with disability and/or special health care needs encouraged to apply.
To be considered you must submit the following documents to: Jobs@ecacmail.org
Position remains open until qualified candidate is hired.